Car Accident Injury Lawyers in Turlock, CA
Turlock car accidents are too frequent, and crashes here often lead to injuries and legal claims. Collisions may cause severe injuries that can hospitalize people for months and require additional years of recovery, among other costs and complications.
Fortunately, in many cases, car accident victims are entitled to compensation for their economic and non-economic damages under California law. Seeking financial recovery is never easy, especially when you are already dealing with serious physical injuries and effects on your life. You need the right legal help.
If you are in a car accident in the area, you should contact Silva Injury Law promptly to speak with a car crash lawyer in Turlock.
We take all of our cases on contingency, which means that you will never have to pay for legal representation unless we win your case. Contact us today to find out whether you have a claim. Reach out to a Turlock car accident lawyer today.
Why Choose Silva Injury Law For Your Car Accident Case
An excellent example of the type of service that Silva Injury Law provides for its clients is probably the story of our client Martin Rose, who was involved in an accident with another pickup truck while driving a pickup truck.
Our firm submitted an initial demand to the insurance company whose counter-offer was not acceptable, which led to us filing suit before mediation led to a settlement of $110,000 that was 45 percent more than the insurance company’s initial settlement offer.
Attorney Michael Joe Silva was born and raised in the Central Valley, and his Portuguese immigrant parents from the Azores Islands of Portugal means he is fluent in Portuguese.
Michale has a wife and three daughters and has been named one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, a SuperLawyers Rising Star, and one of the Best Lawyers Ones To Watch.
Attorney Cassidy Jensen moved to California from Idaho to attend Chapman University and graduated Magna Cum Laude before attending BYU Law School in Provo, Utah. She practiced family law at McCormick Barstow before joining Silva Injury Law and is now certified as a sexual trauma responder who fights for survivors of abuse and violence.
Attorney Tanner Combs was also born and raised in the Central Valley, and his grandfather hitchhiked from Ohio at age 15 to settle here. He is also fluent in Portuguese and worked as a church missionary in Brazil for two years.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Turlock, CA
Most people try to drive carefully, follow traffic laws, and make active efforts to help avoid possible accidents. Some drivers, however, disregard the dangers of their driving and end up jeopardizing the safety of others.
One of the most common forms of driver negligence in California is people who are driving under the influence (DUI) of either drugs or alcohol.
State law prohibits people from operating motor vehicles under the influence of either drugs or alcohol, so many people can be arrested for criminal offenses before being involved in accidents.
Distracted driving remains another common accident risk nowadays. The increasing number of people constantly checking their cell phones, tablets, and other mobile devices has only increased the number of ways people can be distracted.
Speeding is another common cause of car accidents, and many drivers in California tend to drive above posted speed limits. Tailgating or failing to provide an adequate following distance can be another common cause of traffic accidents.
Some other examples of risky behavior that can lead to car accidents include:
- Running red lights or stop signs,
- Failing to yield to other vehicles or pedestrians,
- Driving while fatigued or exhausted,
- Following other vehicles too closely,
- Ignoring traffic signals or signs,
- Making illegal turns or maneuvers,
- Failing to use turn signals or other signals to indicate intentions,
- Driving a vehicle that is not roadworthy or properly maintained, such as with worn brakes or bald tires,
- Failing to adjust driving behavior for weather or road conditions,
- Road rage or aggressive driving, and
- Failing to properly secure cargo or equipment that may fall off or become a hazard to other drivers.
Types of Car Accident Claims
Silva Injury Law handles a wide variety of car accident cases. No two car accidents are ever the same, and we give each case an independent investigation of the facts to determine fault and help people recover fair and full compensation.
Some car accidents that we handle include:
- Rear-end collisions,
- Head-on collisions,
- Side-impact collisions,
- Sideswipe accidents,
- Single-vehicle accidents,
- Multi-vehicle accidents,
- Rollover accidents,
- Blind spot accidents,
- Low-speed accidents,
- Merging accidents,
- T-bone accidents,
- Distracted driving accidents,
- Drowsy driving/driver fatigue accidents,
- Drugged driving or drunk driving accidents,
- Speeding accidents,
- Reckless driving accidents,
- Intersection accidents,
- Interstate accidents,
- Construction accidents, and
- Angle collisions.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The possible injuries people can suffer in car accidents can range from very minor to completely life-changing.
The result can be that there can also be varying medical expenses, lost income, and non-economic damages for victims.
Some of the types of injury cases our firm handles include:
- Fractures or broken bones,
- Crush injuries,
- Closed head injuries,
- Back injuries,
- Knee injuries,
- Leg injuries,
- Neck injuries,
- Arm injuries,
- Internal injuries,
- Skull fractures,
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs),
- Spinal cord injuries,
- Permanent nerve injuries,
- Paralysis, and
- Severe burn injuries.
What To Do After a Car Accident Injury
If you have suffered injuries in an accident, protect your rights.
The most important steps you need to take include:
- Seek medical attention. You should always seek medical attention after an accident for treatment and to document your injuries.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Follow your treatment plan as closely as possible. If your doctor suggests physical therapy, go to your appointments and do your exercises. Failing to follow your treatment plan can hurt your claim.
- Do not accept a settlement. Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance company before speaking to a lawyer, as they have the experience and knowledge to properly evaluate the worth of your claim. Accepting a settlement offer without consulting an attorney can result in receiving less compensation than you are entitled to for your injuries and damages.
- Call our lawyers as soon as you can. Finally, contact an attorney as soon as possible after an injury-causing car wreck.
Liability For Crashes And Injuries
One of the first things most people need to determine after a car accident is which party caused the wreck.
All people in Turlock’s car accidents must remain at the scene of their crash until law enforcement arrives because leaving the scene can constitute a hit-and-run offense that may trigger criminal charges.
Most people will report their accidents to their insurance companies, and state law requires all drivers to carry a minimum of $15,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 in property damage liability. Because California is an at-fault state, if the other driver caused your accident, you can file a claim directly with their policy.
Hire an attorney when dealing with an insurance company because insurers rarely handle these cases fairly.
Insurance companies only care about their bottom line, so they use underhanded tactics to reduce settlement payouts, leaving accident victims to foot the bill for their losses.
They may minimize your compensation by:
- Offering a quick settlement before the full extent of the victim’s injuries or damages is known
- Downplaying the severity of the victim’s injuries or property damage to justify a lower settlement offer
- Pressuring the victim to sign a settlement agreement before consulting with an attorney or obtaining a second opinion
- Refusing to negotiate or dragging out the settlement process in the hopes that the victim will give up and accept a lower offer
- Asking the victim to sign a release of liability form that prevents them from seeking additional compensation in the future, even if their injuries or damages turn out to be more serious than initially thought
- Using intimidation tactics or suggesting that the victim is at fault for the accident to reduce the settlement amount
- Offering a “take it or leave it” settlement offer that is well below the actual value of the victim’s damages or injuries
An attorney can craft a demand letter to an insurance company detailing your losses. Importantly, insurance companies rarely pay out initial demands, so this step is usually a starting point for negotiations.
People should never negotiate settlements on their own because insurers know how to use people’s words against them and reduce payouts.
If settlement negotiations do not lead to a resolution, an attorney can file a lawsuit in court against a negligent party that explains why that driver caused the accident. It will also specify the damages you seek.
Most insurance companies will actively try to avoid trials, so settlement negotiations will likely continue even if your lawyer files a lawsuit. When car accident cases go to trial, a lawyer can represent people in court and fight to secure maximum damages.
Attorneys will also benefit any person dealing with issues concerning their medical care if their medical bills become an issue. You can get a medical lien to pay all your medical bills out of your settlement or jury award after your case.
Losses From A Turlock Car Accident
Car accidents can leave victims with significant losses.
Your economic or non-economic losses may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Lost quality of life
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
As a victim, you deserve compensation for all of your losses—even the ones that have not happened.
Thus, work with an experienced lawyer who understands car accident compensation and has a network of experts they can consult.
For example, if you have suffered injuries that will leave you permanently disabled, you should work with a medical expert who can prove how much your injury will cost you.
How Our Turlock Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
At Silva Injury Law, we are committed to helping victims obtain the compensation they deserve under California law.
Our previous experience with many kinds of car accident claims means we are prepared to handle all kinds of collisions and help people recover as much money as possible.
When you retain us, we will immediately determine who you can hold liable for your accident. We will fully evaluate your losses, including your pain, suffering, and inability to enjoy life.
Next, we will go head-to-head with the insurance company and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. If we cannot get the insurance company to make a fair settlement offer, we will not hesitate to take your case to court in the pursuit of justice.
Consult Our Car Accident Lawyer Turlock
Did you suffer severe injuries, or was your loved one killed in a car accident in Turlock? Reach out to Silva Injury Law immediately to get dedicated legal representation throughout your case.
Our firm believes in treating every single one of our clients like family, so you know that we will welcome you into our office with open arms and take the time to understand everything you are dealing with and what you think about your case. Reach out to a Turlock personal injury lawyer.