California Walmart Slip & Fall Lawyers
From humble beginnings in Arkansas, Walmart has grown to an international retailer, currently operating over 300 stores in California alone. Consumers love Walmart for its low prices and large selection. But with so many shoppers visiting Walmart stores daily, it is no surprise that slip and fall injuries happen. It’s not uncommon for these accidents to result from Walmart’s negligence. If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a Walmart slip and fall accident, let the skilled lawyers at Silva Injury Law fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire A Walmart Slip And Fall Attorney?
There are numerous reasons why you should hire a lawyer to represent you after a slip and fall accident at a Walmart store.
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your legal options. If you have sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident at a Walmart store, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other damages.
A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company. If you seek compensation for your injuries, you will likely need to deal with the Walmart store’s insurance company. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for your rights so you receive a fair settlement.
Your lawyer will gather and preserve evidence. To win your case, you must present evidence showing that the Walmart store was negligent and that this negligence caused your injuries. A California Walmart slip and fall lawyer can help you gather and present this evidence compellingly to a judge or jury.
You need someone who can be objective and handle the challenging legal aspects. The legal process can be complex and time-consuming. A lawyer can manage the legal process, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Overall, hiring a Walmart slip and fall lawyer is a wise decision. It would help if you had an objective representative to protect your rights. No matter what Walmart leads you to believe, they aren’t on your side. The claims adjuster is only looking out for their insured—Walmart.
Common Injuries In A Walmart Slip And Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents can result in numerous injuries, depending on the circumstances of the accident and your pre-accident condition. Here are five common injuries that can occur in a slip and fall accident:
- Fractures and broken bones. A slip and fall accident can result in fractures, especially if the individual falls from a significant height or lands on a hard surface. Fractures often occur in the arms, legs, or torso bones, ranging from minor fractures to severe breaks.
- Sprains and strains. A strain or sprain occurs when a ligament (tissue that connects bones) is stretched or torn.
- Contusions. A contusion, also known as a bruise, occurs when blood vessels sustain damage beneath the skin. Contusions can result from falls involving direct impact or skin pressure.
- Lacerations. A laceration is a cut or tear in the skin. Lacerations can occur when you fall on a sharp or jagged object or your skin hits a rough surface.
- Head injuries. Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries, can occur in slip and fall accidents. Head injuries can be severe and require immediate medical attention.
These are just a few examples of the injuries that occur in slip and fall accidents. Other injuries, such as back and neck injuries, are also common. It’s essential to seek medical attention immediately to assess the extent of your injuries and receive proper treatment.
Common Causes Of Slip And Fall Accidents In Walmart Stores
Slip and fall accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Wet or slippery floors. Wet floors can occur when a floor is mopped or waxed and not properly marked with warning signs or when a spill needs to be cleaned up.
- Uneven surfaces. Raised or sunken floor tiles can cause individuals to trip and fall.
- Cluttered or blocked aisles. Cluttered or blocked aisles can make it difficult for individuals to navigate the store. That increases the risk of injury.
- Poor lighting. Poor lighting can make it difficult for individuals to see hazards, such as spills or uneven surfaces, which can increase the risk of falling. Poor lighting issues extend to the parking lots too.
- Defective or broken equipment. Shopping carts or escalators that are defective or broken can cause individuals to fall.
- Inadequate training of employees. If Walmart employees lack proper training on identifying and addressing hazards in the store, it can increase the risk of a slip and fall accident.
It is important to note that these are just a few examples of the causes of slip and fall accidents at Walmart stores. Even if your fall occurred because of something else, please speak with a California Walmart slip and fall attorney at Silva Injury Law.
How Long Do You Have To File A Slip And Fall Lawsuit In California?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents, is typically two years from the date of the accident. If the slip and fall accident victim is a minor, the statute of limitations may not begin to run until their 18th birthday. We highly recommend contacting an attorney sooner rather than later following a slip and fall accident at a Walmart store. You don’t want to miss the statute of limitations inadvertently. If you do, the court will likely dismiss your case entirely.
Contact A Walmart Slip And Fall Lawyer
If you sustained injuries in a Walmart slip and fall accident, Silva Injury Law stands ready to help. We have years of experience assisting injured victims of slip and fall accidents. Attorney Michael Joe Silva isn’t afraid to stand up to large corporations like Walmart. We’re prepared to take your case to trial if we cannot negotiate a reasonable settlement on your behalf.
Contact our office to learn more about how we can assist you following a slip and fall accident at a California Walmart store. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, so you have nothing to lose by meeting with us. Slip and fall accidents typically involve complex legal issues. Let us handle the complicated claims process while you concentrate on your recovery.